Sunday, March 1, 2015

I’m a Researcher, and I need Technology!


My boss will tell me you need to do a research on improving the efficiency of reproduction in water buffaloes, and what I am going to do is immediately sit on my desk, click google chrome and research. I will look for related topics, read, learn, and finally come up with my mind on what to do. That is information technology in my work, a search engine, a source of new learning.

 
Aside from that, technology also is a way of communication for us. This enables us to publish our works in the journals and newspapers and even on websites in the internet so as we can communicate our researches and findings to other people as well. Technology allows us to share what we know, and to learn from other scientists as well. We can communicate to the public the new trends, best practices, and other findings discovered. With the help of technology, our clientele which is the farmers, and even the students, local government units and administrators, and fellow researchers enables us to interact with one another. They could send us their questions and we could immediately reply or address on their needs. That is technology, communication technology in my work.


And above all else, there is this different kind of technology that we cannot live without, that is the equipment technology. Most of our researches require the use of equipment, and without those we cannot make any, and we cannot finish them easily. Every day we came across with microscopes, incubators, ovens, manipulators and everything that is being run by electricity. These stuffs allows us to develop new scientific inputs that will help us improve the water buffalo well being.

 
Overall, it is imperative for me as a researcher to have technology in my work, as it does not eases my activities, but also helps me deliver my tasks well. With technology, we can improve the general well being of water buffaloes, we can assist in the increase their population, we can improve their milk yield and we can help the lives of our buffalo farmers. With technology in my work, we can help intensify the livestock industry and so contribute to the overall economy of the country. So I may say technology is a kind support to me, to my work, and to the buffalo research and industry.



No comments:

Post a Comment